If you interested in submitting to our journal please check About the Journal page and our Publishing Ethics page as well.
Köz-gazdaság welcomes all works in the field of economics, social sciences, international relations and geopolitics. Please note the following guidelines before submitting your manuscript:
All paper should be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com in Microsoft Word format in English or Hungarian language.
- The average length of article is one author’s sheet (40 000 characters including spaces in Hungarian or 8000 words in English). Please keep in mind that due to space limits only slight exceedings are allowed.
- Contributors are asked to submit an abstract of maximum 250 words.
- At the end of the article please include your name, rank, position and institutition.
- One author has been designated as the corresponding author with contact details
- Chapters and subchapters are to be indicated in Arabic numerals. Subchapters should incldue also the number of main chapters: 1, 1.1., 1.1.1., 1.2.2. etc.
- Please number both the figures and tables with Arabic numerals. The figures should have and explanation and tables should have a title. The figure or table should be interpretable without the body text. Please indicate the source under the figure or table. The figures should have only three colours and be in editable formats.
- Equations, formulas are to be placed using right page alignment and in Arabic numerals in parantheses: (1), (2) etc.
Requirements for the abstract:
An effective abstract provides the reader with a concise, informative summary of the full study. The abstract should stand alone; it is not part of the introduction. The abstract should clearly foreshadow the content of the study, allowing the reader to decide whether the information is relevant to them and whether they should read the full manuscript.
- The structure of the abstract should follow the pattern below:
1) Setting the context (providing background information on the context of the research, pointing out the importance of the current study)
2) Indicate the purpose
3) Describing methodology
4) Presenting the results (description of the main results/findings of the research)
5) Discussing the findings (interpreting the results, proving recommendations, discussing implications or applications)
- Further restrictions:
- No longer than 250 words
- Does not contain abbreviations
- Does not contain references
- Common problems to avoid:
1) The abstract is more about what the study will ask or investigate rather than what it has found:
Bad example: This study explores the causes of economic growth.
Good example: Economic growth is driven by capital accumulation, labour growth and increases in productivity.
2) The abstract provides general categories rather than specific details in the findings:
Bad example: The study shows which variables are most important for economic growth.
Good example: The study finds that the key variables of economic growth are capital accumulation, labour growth and increases in productivity.
- The journal uses the APA style of citations (7th edition), some examples are presented below, for more detailed information please visit the following page. (You can also find it embedded in Google Scholar)
- Please minimise the numbers of footnotes as much as possible.
- References within the body text must be in parentheses (Author's Last Name, Year) e.g. (Szentes, 1999)
- When quoting please indicate also the page number (Author's Last Name, Year, p. page number) e.g. (Szentes, 1999, p. 312)
At the end of your paper please indicate the references as the followings:
Author's Last Name, First Initial. Second Initial. (Year). Book title: Subtitle. Publisher name.
Example: Szentes, T. (1999). Világgazdaságtan. Aula.
- Book chapters
Chapter Author's Last Name, First Initial. Second Initial., & Author's Last Name, First Initial. Second Initial. (Year). Chapter or article title. In Editor First Initial. Second Initial. Editor Last Name (Ed.). Book title: Subtitle (number of edition if not the first, pages of chapter). Publisher name. doi: (if applicable)
Example: Stern, N., & Stiglitz, J. (1997). A Framework for a Development Strategy in a Market Economy.
In E. Malinvaud (Ed.). Development Strategy and Management of the Market Economy (pp. 253-296). Clarendon Press.
- Journal articles
Author's Last Name, First Initial. Second Initial. (Year). Article title: Subtitle. Journal Title, Volume(issue), page range. doi: (if applicable)
Example: Marosán, Gy. (2021). A „nagy átalakulás” - egy újabb szakasz jelei. Köz-gazdaság, 16(4), 81-94. doi: https://doi.org/10.14267/RETP2021.04.06
- Web pages
Author's Last Name, First Initial. Second Initial or corporation name if no author(s) are named. (Date webpage was last updated). Title of webpage.
Retrieved from URL. Accesed: access date.
Example: Rodrik, D. (2006): Disappointments of Financial Globalization.
Retrieved from http://ksghome.harvard.edu/drodrik/#e Disappointments of Financial Globalization (November 2006).doc. Accessed: 2007. 03. 13.
All necessary files have been uploaded:
- Include keywords
- Include JEL Codes in EconLit Format
- Include ORCID iD (if applicable)
- All figures (include relevant captions)
- All tables (including titles, description, footnotes)
- Ensure all figure and table citations in the text match the files provided
- Graphical Abstracts / Highlights files (where applicable)
- Supplemental files (where applicable)
A signed declaration on the originality of the work and that it has not been submitted to any other journal.
You should also include a relevant disclosure statement with the text of your article. You can do this in conjunction with any acknowledgments and details of funders. A signed declaration on the originality of the work and that it has not been submitted to any other journal.
- The manuscript has been 'spell checked' and 'grammar checked'
- All references mentioned in the Reference List are cited in the text, and vice versa
- Journal policies detailed in this guide have been reviewed
- Referee suggestions and contact details provided, based on journal requirements
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.